Graph related

kohmoto zbi74583 at boat.zero.ad.jp
Tue Mar 15 09:07:38 CET 2005

     Hello, seqfans.

     This is a sequence from OEUAI.
     ID Number :  B020004
  Sequence :   7, 12,

  Name :     Chromatic number of Near_{2,3}(G_k).
             Where G_k is graphs on a surface with k holes.

             A mapping Near_{n,m} : H -> H' is defined as follows.
              If we add all edges between two vertices which are (m,n) on H, then H becomes Near_{m,n}(H).
            Definition of (m,n) :
             n edges of length m exist between different two
vertices.
                        Example :
                        If V={x,y,a,b,c} , E={xa, xb, xc, ay, by, cy} , then
x,y is (2,3).
                        If a graph is like this o-o-o , then the virtices of
both sides is (2,1).

  Comment :      a(0)=1 is proved. a(1)=12 is lower bound.
                        I am not sure at all that the Heawood like formula
is correct.

                        Kai(Near_{2,3}(G(E)) = [(13 + (169 - 48*E)^(1/2))/2]
                                     E     0,   1,   2,   3,   4,   5
                                           13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19
                              where  G(E) is a graph which has Euler number
E, E<=0

                         I dont'n remember the reason why I made it.

  Keyword :    unknown
  Offset : 1
  Author : Yasutoshi

    To know the Chromatic number of Near_{2,3}(G_k) is rather dificult.
    So, I considered a little more easy        .

    %S A000001 7, 12,
    %N A000001 a(k)=Minimal number of vertices of a S_k graph which
satisfies the following condition.

                     C:   For all two different vertices on a graph,
                           an edge exists between them
                           or,
                           three paths of length two exist between them.

                     Where S_k means a surface with k holes.

    %C A000001 The formula might give a upper bound.

    For example, if we search the existance of a graph with 14 nodes which
satisfies the condition using a computer, the number of all graphs is
2^C_{14,2} = 2^91= 30 digits
    The digits is too large to do  exhaustive search, but if some good
algorithm exists, it might possible to find the graph.

    Yasutoshi