n!*Fibonacci(n)

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Sun Mar 27 05:08:11 CEST 2005

* Karol <penson at lptl.jussieu.fr> [050327 08:35]:

>       I wonder if  a combinatorial ( or other ) interpretation of the
> sequences
>            n!*Fibonacci(n),   n!*Pell(n)...   etc . is known.
>
>                                 Karol A. Penson

Suppose you have a lot of bricks. Some have height 1 and are
labelled with a single positive integer. The others have height 2
and are labelled with an ordered pair of two positive integers.
Then n!*Fibonacci(n) is the number of ways of stacking up some
bricks of total height n such that the integers 1,2,...,n each
appear exactly once.

I hope you can all see that I cheated!!

Brendan.