OEIS's Adjacent sequences?

Jud McCranie j.mccranie at adelphia.net
Mon May 23 18:07:10 CEST 2005

At 11:52 AM 5/23/2005, Robert G. Wilson v wrote:
>OK, But how are you going to know before you look whether it is related or
>not. From the OEIS point of view, this would require extra ordinary among
>of programming and it would still not work as desired, for it would
>exclude sequences you really did wish to see.

You can't know for sure by checking the author of the sequence, but it
would help tremendously.  It would be a lot better than the way it
is.  Sure, there will be cases where an author gets 10 numbers in sequence
and uses them for two or more purposes, but at least you eliminate the ones
by other authors which are almost certainly unrelated.

>would require extra ordinary among of programming

Probably one line.  If I had written the program that does it, and in a
language of my choice, it would take one more line to check the author line
of the adjacent sequence and decide whether or not to list it.