an interesting new sequence!

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sun May 29 19:25:00 CEST 2005

I assume that the %S elements are proved optimal?

At any rate, my original mistake in interpreting this sequence led
unwittingly to another puzzle.  What is the largest number of triangular
regions that can be formed with n lines in the plane (lines go to infinity,
nontriangular regions acceptable).