RE Bad terms in seq A108719?

Tautócrona tautocrona at terra.es
Mon Nov 14 19:59:50 CET 2005

Thanks to Dean and Ray for their answers.

I still see a bit weird to say that a single prime constitutes a prime partition with
distinct primes, because it's true that you can say "all the numbers of this partition are
distinct", but you can also say "all the numbers of this partition are equal". But I know
it's an usual affair in mathematical definitions. We could talk about 'proper' and
'improper' prime partitions with distinct primes, but the matter doesn't need any more
discussion.

I don't understand yet why A00586(0) = 1, which translates in "the number of partitions of
0 in distinct primes is 1". Regarding this question, Ray says "the sum of an empty set
could be considered zero" and I see his point, but should we accept that an empty set is
composed of primes?

Jose Brox
http://espanol.groups.yahoo.com/group/Telecomunicacion/
ambroxius at terra.es