SAGE: Software for Algebra and Geometry Experimentation

Jaap Spies j.spies at hccnet.nl
Wed Nov 23 19:26:41 CET 2005

Seqfans,

Anybody interested in programming, math, numbers, CAS, etc. should
look at

http://modular.ucsd.edu/sage/

It is written in my favourite programming language Python.
Comes with all batteries included: GAP, Pari, Singular, MWRANK, GMP,
etc. It even recognized my installation of Maple, so the command
maple('3*5') returned '15'.

See
http://modular.ucsd.edu/sage/features.html

Which CAS comes with a function sloane_sequence()?

> sage: sloane_sequence(1111)
> Looking up in Sloane's online database (this requires a net connection and is slow)...
>  _2 =
> [1111,
>  'Number of inequivalent Hadamard designs of order 4n.',
>  [1, 1, 1, 5, 6, 1106, 208310]]
> sage:

Windows needs cygwin installed.

Enjoy,