Matrices for binary relations? Fwd: TOPIC:Sequences

Meeussen Wouter (bkarnd) wouter.meeussen at vandemoortele.com
Thu Nov 24 12:07:29 CET 2005

sounds like Set Partitions and Bell Numbers.
The binary matrix looks like the non-attacking rooks picture of those Set Partitions.

BellList[1] = {{{1}}}; (* the basic case *)

BellList[n_Integer?Positive] := BellList[n] = (* do some caching *)
    Flatten[      Join[
        Map[ReplaceList[#,{S__}->{S,{n}}]&, BellList[n-1]],
        Map[ReplaceList[#,{b___,{S__},a___}->{b,{S,n},a}]&, BellList[n-1]]],
      1]

W.