semi-voluntary moratorium and helping to edit.

Alexandre Wajnberg alexandre.wajnberg at skynet.be
Sat Oct 1 17:27:22 CEST 2005

Antti, Neil and Seqfans,

How about a "semi-voluntary moratorium on a submission of a new
sequences and updates"
for say, a week or a month, or at least until Neil has cleaned the rush

Nice idea, but be carefull to the side-effect at the end of the moratorium:
big rush and Cy!

Otherwise this seems to me like an abuse of a single person's resources.

We should imagine a way to take a part to Neil¹s job (with him and without
³invade² his territory of decisions about OEIS of course).

I think to the submissions which are later refined by their authors.

What about the possibility given to the submitters (with a special access
code, or with a ³recognition process² based on their IP adresse, or
something like that) to correct directly themselves their submissions (and
*their* submissions only), doubled by the automatic sending of a copy of the
job done to Neil?
(Anyway, a ³review² of our job (even the easiest ones) by other
mathematicians will be allways necessary, but it would lighten Neil¹s work).

How many such corrections-refinements are there? May be enough for the
process to be worthwile? I don¹t know.
It would be a sort of auto-reparating process of the Base.

Alexandre