Floretion power sequences

Creighton Dement crowdog at crowdog.de
Mon Oct 3 21:49:40 CEST 2005

Dear Seqfans,

In a previous post (see below) I mention that, without a minimum amount
of theory to back it up, I see no direct way to conclude, for ex., that
a floretion sequence given by FAMP as (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...)  is the
sequence of naturals - regardless of how many terms are calculated.

There now appears to be a proof that if F = .25('ii' + 'jj' + 'kk' + e)
and x is any floretion, then tesseq[Fx] really is a power sequence (as
opposed to a sequence that just looks a lot like it might be one).

The results are given under:
http://www.crowdog.de/Flointseq.pdf

My goal over the past few weeks has been to show that if E = .25('i + 'i
+ 'ii' + 'jj' + 'kk' + 'jk' + 'kj' +  e) and x is any floretion, then
tesseq[Ex] satisfies a second order linear recurrence relation with
constant coefficients. Note that E = .25('i + i' + 'jk' + 'kj) + F  -
hopefully it will be possible to use the above results in one way or
another.  If you have any ideas for me (including those on how to
simplify the notation given as much as possible), I would enjoy hearing
them.

Sincerely,
Creighton