Primefree sequences in the OEIS

Jud McCranie j.mccranie at adelphia.net
Fri Oct 21 19:51:32 CEST 2005

At 01:38 PM 10/21/2005, Alonso Del Arte wrote:
>I posted the question to PrimeFan at his Wikipedia user talk page.
>
>It seems to me that he meant the sequences considered in their
>infinite totality. A000578 should not contain any primes, since it's
>the sequence of cubes. And A002808 should certainly not contain
>primes.

That's true, but there should be many sequences in the database that are
unclear.  One thing that comes to mind is sequences dealing with the
Sierpenski problem, and related problems.  I don't know how many of the
specific sequences are in the database, but some sequences are known to
contain no primes, some are known to contain primes, and for some no prime
in the sequence is known, but it is not known if there are any primes in
the sequence or not.  I'm also thinking of sequences completely unrelated
to primes.  The currently-known terms may not contain any primes, but that
doesn't rule out the possibility of finding a prime.  Is he listing
sequences known to not have any primes?