Primefree sequences in the OEIS. A bad idea.

Alexandre Wajnberg alexandre.wajnberg at skynet.be
Sun Oct 30 18:59:36 CET 2005

>> This is a reason (among others) for accepting sequences not exclusively
>> "pure maths".

> I also need sometime to perform
> my own lookup on a local database through "personal" algorithms more
> concerned with what I am looking for than superseeker is.
>
> One thing that makes me upset is when after two nights of computing
> I realize that my algorithms have spent so much time on a sequence
> that seemed to be interesting (...) and learn after that 123456 has the great
mathematical property of being... the number of a sequence containing numbers >
which are themselves not numbers of sequences whose terms are... would make
> me more upset.

Yes. Precisions I was unaware of: the look-up time for users is affected by
too much non-research sequences.
It raises the necessity to have the possibility to "filter" the database
(for any personal scientific use). How to exclude <non-research sequences>
from a search?

Alexandre