error message upon accessing the OEIS

Ryan Propper cardinalfan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 06:20:12 CEST 2005

Hello seqfans,

Has anyone else been receiving the following message when you try to access
the OEIS?

"Can't open dbase: //etc/cgi.access59999 -- Permission denied srv_uid:
59999"

This happens to me virtually every time I try to do a lookup or access a
particular sequence. After a few refreshes and more of the same error
message, the sequence or search results will eventually pop up.

I've emailed njas about the problem several times, but apparently it still
hasn't been fixed. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this problem or
knows anything about it.

-- Ryan