Web help

Michele Dondi blazar at pcteor1.mi.infn.it
Mon Sep 26 12:06:33 CEST 2005

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, David Wilson wrote:

> At the present time, I am using a Perl converter program to generate HTML
> pages from an ad-hoc backend database.  I have installed a local Apache web
> server that allows me to view my pages as a virtual site on my local machine.
> But as the amount of data has grown, the Perl converter is starting to bog
> down, and I realize the need for a more standard database such as SQL or XML
> (I prefer the latter).

I don't have time enough to assist you, but I can tell you that if you're
already familiar with Perl, then there are tons of tools (modules) to
interface with both. At work they have a big infrastructure built mainly
over Class::DBI to which I'm getting used, and the more I get used to it,
the more I appreciate it, except for some parts for which it ends up being
too heavy and "direct" DBI access is preferred instead.

Michele
--
Ira Kane: You wouldn't understand.
Dr. Allison Reed: No, how could I? I'm just a humorless ice queen in