Listening to a sequence!

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Wed Apr 19 04:49:37 CEST 2006

Thanks to Jonathan Middleton of Eastern
Washington University, there's now a new button at the bottom of
the OEIS pages called "Listen", which lets you listen to a sequence!

I think this is really fantastic.  Please try it out and let me
know what you think.

This is just a first draft.

I would like to get suggestions for sequences which are particularly
dramatic to listen to,  or otherwise have good musical qualities.

I tried  Pascal's triangle (A007318), the Fibonacci numbers
(A000045),  the prime numbers (A000040), the ruler sequence (A001511), etc.,
but there must be lots that are more dramatic.

Send me suggestions, along with your
recommendations for setting the pitch and duration.

There are instructions for running Middleton's program in the Listen page.

Neil Sloane