A066313 aperiodic bracelets

Christian G. Bower bowerc at usa.net
Wed Apr 26 01:58:29 CEST 2006

I just sent a message to Neil that will hopefully clarify the meaning of
A066313.

The fourth message in the discussion worked out the right interpretation.

To make it clearer, I'm suggestion a definition that uses only necklace
and not bracelet, since the structure cannont be turned over as one
can do with a bracelet, it can only be turned over if the colors are
simultaneously flipped.  The actual change I am suggesting has a title

Number of aperiodic necklaces with n red or blue beads such that two necklaces
are equivalent under the operation (turn necklace over and switch the two
colors).

and an example:

The equivalence requires the "turning over" operation and the "switching
colors" operation to be simultaneous; thus rrrbbrrb is equivalent to rbbrrbbb,
but not to bbbrrbbr.

Christian