A085601

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Wed Aug 16 00:08:33 CEST 2006

This led me to look at other odd combinations.  I'm happy to report
that there are no sequences that are both easy and hard.  There are,
however, 28 sequences that are both easy and obscure.

One of these, A085601, appears to me to be incorrect.  The sequence
clearly consists exclusively of numbers of the form m^2 + (m+1)^2.  The
values now present have values of m that, except for the early 5 (m=1),
are successive even integers.

Following the construction, it appears to me that in fact, except for
the initial 1 (m=0), the values of m should be the powers of 2.  So the
sequence would start:

1,5,13,41,145,545,2113,8321.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters