A121760/1: two (interesting?) sequences

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 19:07:41 CEST 2006

franktaw at netscape.net wrote:

> People tend to be uninterested in "base" sequences because we are
> interested in the numbers, not in how they happen to be written.  I
> think there are relatively few who are totally uninterested in all "base"
> sequences, but there are a vast number of such sequences in the OEIS,
> and most are really just about writing digits.

Moreover, in many cases, even more interesting than the numbers themselves
are the mathematical structures behind them. Trees, graphs, necklaces,
bracelets, Kepler towers, just to name a few. The sequence itself
is "just a fingerprint" for these, offering a "pointer" to the latest
research
done on the subject. (The %D-lines).*
*C.f. the first question and its answer in FAQ:
http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/FAQ.html#Z03

Terveisin,

Antti