req proof regarding A196

Joseph Biberstine jrbibers at indiana.edu
Sun Aug 27 02:40:12 CEST 2006

Joseph Biberstine wrote:
<snip>
A33638 (after a point, n such that L(n) ends in exactly three ones)
<snip>

I suppose it is illuminative that A33638 are numbers of the form n^2+1
or n^2+n+1 (credit Donald S. McDonald), though I'm not quite bright
enough to see how.

	As an aside, I think A33638 should have it's complicated description
("Fill an infinity X infinity matrix with numbers so that 1..n^2 appear
in the top left n X n corner for all n; write down the minimal elements
in the rows and columns and sort into increasing order; maximize this
list in the lexicographic order."!) swapped with one of its many elegant
comments or formulas (I would support "Quarter-squares plus
one"/"1+Floor[n^2/4]" or "Numbers of the form n^2+1 or n^2+n+1")

-JRB