Demotion of Pluto as a planet

cino hilliard hillcino368 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:38:30 CEST 2006

----Original Message Follows----
From: Antti Karttunen <antti.karttunen at gmail.com>
To: seqfan at ext.jussieu.fr
Subject: Re: Demotion of Pluto as a planet
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:47:15 +0300

Antti Karttunen wrote:

>Lßbos ElemÚr wrote:
>
>>How astrologists react to the loss of planet status of Pluto?

Take a look at encarta definition of planet.

Planet, any major celestial body that orbits a star and does not emit
visible light of its own but instead shines by reflected light.

What about volcanos, A-bombs, radiowaves, astroid impacts etc. Even if we
can't see the light,
it is still emitted. According to this, the earth is not a planet.

Planet, any major celestial body that orbits a star would have been
sufficient.

Defining is a tough nut to crack.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761577741/Planet.html

I pose this incident because after all the good discussion and mention of
specific sequences and
the opinions brought forth, I still do not know exactly what a "base"
sequence is.

Cino