Greatest and Least Prime Factors

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Wed Aug 30 17:54:25 CEST 2006

Yes, I agree: it is better to define it before you use it.

It is still a problem, in my opinion, that Lpf is being used for two
such
closely related but - in a sense - opposite things.  This is even
though
most of the sequences using it (either way) do define it.

As for always spelling it out, this will never apply in formulas.  We
always define a shorter name, and then use that in the formula.
The question is, what shorter name should be used?

Franklin T. Adams-Watters