A119511: Next 3terms

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Aug 4 16:50:41 CEST 2006

It looks like Richard J. Mathar has beaten you to the punch.

However, I note that some of his values are decreasing - meaning that
there is a square starting with exactly n+1 identical digits smaller
than the smallest one starting with exactly n identical digits.  The
way the sequence is described, I would expect a(n) to be the smallest
number for which the first n digits of the square  are identical -
whether the next digit matches or not.

If we're going to keep the current interpretation, the description
should be modified to include the word "exactly".

Franklin T. Adams-Watters