A121760/1: two (interesting?) sequences

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Tue Aug 22 16:19:58 CEST 2006

"When base 10 is implicit and we fumble with the digits to invent
something" is practically a
description of the worst kind of base sequence.

My proposed redefinition of the base keyword is "a sequence which, at
some point in the
definition, treats numbers as numerals (strings)".

There are a couple of borderline cases: if we are looking only at the
final digit (or the digital
root), is that base, or just modulus?  Likewise, should "the number of
X between 10^n and
10^{n+1}" be considered base?

Franklin T. Adams-Watters