Errors

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Tue Aug 29 03:26:27 CEST 2006

The general rule is, if you're sure that what you found is an error,
and you know
how to correct it, send it directly to Neil.  If you're not sure of
either of those,
send it here.

In this case, it looks like the sequences actually are different: the
first regards a
palindrome as requiring zero steps to reach a palindrome, while the
second only
starts looking at the first iteration.  There should be a comment in
each
sequence (and in related ones) indicating which interpretation is in
being used.

The 9959 split across lines is a fairly common error, and should be
reported to
Neil (who might or might not pick it up from the mailing list).

Franklin T. Adams-Watters