What should I do with the comments while OEIS is on vacation?

Tanya Khovanova tanyakh at TanyaKhovanova.com
Fri Dec 8 21:04:49 CET 2006

Hello seqfans,

I have a comment on a comment on sequence A029858 - (3^n-3)/2:
0, 3, 12, 39, 120, 363, 1092, 3279, ...

The comment states: Also, the least number of identical weights amongst which an odd one can be identified after n weighings using a comparing balance.

This is not correct. We should add that the odd one is supposed to be not only identified, but also decided if it is heavier or lighter. Without this clause the sequence starts 1, 4, 13 and it is A003462 (3^n - 1)/2.

So, where do I send comments?

Tanya Khovanova