Triangular search?

Gottfried Helms Annette.Warlich at t-online.de
Sun Dec 31 17:08:37 CET 2006

Hi -

 A(1): wish you all a happy new year!
 A(2): what about a project for 2007 to introduce
       sort of "triangular search" ?

 Currently I'm studying relations between number-theoretic
 interesting number-triangles, products, powers etc.
 It would be nice to have the option to lookup for such
 results of rows or columns, which need not occur in terms
 of a separated sequence but only as interleaved entries
 of a series, whose format is assumed to be as triangular
 table.
 With very simple/common results I found them mostly in
 the database, but I expect that I'll come across more
 difficult/uncommon sequences this way.
 Again as a simple/common example I may find the Stirling
 numbers of 2'nd kind of the second column. Then to get
 just that answer if I submit 0,1,3,7,15,31,63,127,255 would
 be very convenient.
 I'm aware, that this very likely would need an additional
 type of representation in the database, but I think, that
 it would be very practical to have some basic matrices
 available in this mode.
 Wouldn't this be an interesting option/project for 2007?

Regards -

Gottfried Helms