OEIS on vacation in December

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 17:49:54 CET 2006

I must also confess to being one of the "overzealous contributors" and
"prime offenders." I am also one of the overzealous "semiprime offenders."
Be that as it may, I have endeavored to learn as many different areas of
Mathematics as my attention and capabilities allow, and to submit sequences
in as many different areas as I find in books, journals, or my collaborative
pursuits.  I have no problem with Dr. Neil J. A. Sloane's tastes nor dicta.
He has been immensely helpful and supportive in every way.

For those, such as the nice and enthusiastic Zak Seidov who feel rejected, I
assure them that my experience is that rejection is not personal, nor
inherently damaging. I only achieved my hundreds of publication,
presentations, and broadcasts by having experienced over 5000 (5*10^3)
rejection notes and rejection letters from editors of magazines, journals,
and books before I learned how to properly deal with rejection.  My Physics
professor wife and I just took an all-day screenwriting seminar in Hollwood,
where the professor from UCLA Film School summarized: "Rejection is not the
end of the process.  It is only the beginning."

Finally, the greatest joy of the Web is its use as "collaborationware."  The
OEIS is not as well-known as collaborative efforts such as Wikipedia.  Yet
it is in many ways the greatest collaborative instrument on the internet,
and Neil deserves a MacArthur Fellowship for its human, scholarly, and
social impact. Let a million flowers bloom.

-- Jonathan Vos Post