A100468

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sun Dec 17 23:26:37 CET 2006

As n gets larger, the average number of digits in the decimal expansion
of 1/n grows fairly steadily.  The number of digits in n takes a jump
at powers of ten.  So the density of members of A100468 grows steadily
until a new power of ten is reached, when in takes an abrupt drop.
That explains the main features of the graph.

There is some smaller level detail, which I can't immediately see a
reason for; but this also seems to be associated with a(n) being a
round number

Franklin T. Adams-Watters