Question on A079002

Edwin Clark eclark at math.usf.edu
Mon Dec 18 20:17:48 CET 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, David Wilson wrote:

> I remember asking the question that led to the creation of A079002 (specifically, for which n do the Fibonaccis form a complete residue class modulo n)?
>
> Was the formula given ever proved?

As noted in the REFERENCE, the question is raised as an exerice
in R. L. Graham, D. E. Knuth and O. Patashnick, "Concrete Mathematics",
second edition, Addison Wesley, ex.6.85, p. 318, p. 562

And the solution to the exercise (Ex 6.85,p.318), i.e.,is stated in the
answers on page 562 at the back of the book, namely  the "formula":
 Integers of form : 5^k, 2*5^k, 4*5^k, 3^j*5^k, 6*5^k, 7*5^k, 14*5^k

A proof of the solution is not given, but a hint for the exercise
is inclued in the statement of the exercise.