[Prime] primes of the form q^2-q+1 with q=2^p-1 for prime p

Max maxale at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 00:04:54 CET 2006

Hans,

If I get you correctly, the "covering congruences" will not help.

I performed sieving of candidate primes p and filtered out all such
that P(p) has a small prime factor less than 1M. The sieving ended up
with still quite a large number of candidates.
C++ source sieve.cpp and its output sieved.txt can be downloaded at
http://www.mytempdir.com/459551

For every prime p from sieved.txt it is guaranteed that P(p) does not
have prime divisors smaller than 1M. It may be useful if somebody
wants to continue search for p beyond 150000.

Max