a new problem related to partitions, dissections and polyominoes

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 23 00:03:24 CET 2006

Is the following true?

Choose two points, draw a line through them, move it a tiny bit to
the right if they are vertically above one another or a tiny bit
upwards otherwise, then that gives all cases.  Upper bound
binomial(n^2,2) which seems pretty good.  I proved nothing!

Brendan.

* Max <maxale at gmail.com> [060223 05:05]: