Polyomino question

Dr. Gordon Hamilton hamiltonian at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 28 16:47:03 CET 2006

Jack,

The best that can be done is 10. There are 11 different solutions.
The 9-solution below isn't right because it does not include the L
polyomino. I have been presenting this problem to elementary school students
in Calgary, Canada for the last year. You can see the problem at:
www.galileo.org/math/puzzles.html under the name "Babushka Squares".

Gord

Subject: Re: Polyomino question