is a numbering like A5448+1000000 normal ?

Giovanni Resta g.resta at iit.cnr.it
Sun Jan 22 23:41:29 CET 2006

I'm quite a newbie, and I'm experimenting a strange
behaviour of the submission form.

In the past few days I have contributed some sequences,
and everything was smooth.

Now, I have submitted one, with a number from the dispenser.
Say the number is A115448.
When I hit "preview" in the web page I got the preamble:
PRE-NUMBERED NEW SEQUENCE A15448+1000000
(that +1000000 was new to me, but I proceeded anyway).

When I submitted it, I received the ack-email with
something like this, in the subject:
SEQ +# A5448+1000000+1000000 FROM Giovanni Resta
(the +1000000, twice!)

I'm sure I've entered the number A115448 correctly,
so I wonder if that A5448+1000000+1000000

1) it is normal or harmless
2) it is a problem of my browser
3) it is a problem of some other kind

I have about 40 new sequences ready to go, but I prefer to wait
until I'm sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Another little question.
In a previous message on SeqFan I have read that sending
preformatted sequences by email is considered ok.
Could anybody tell me which is the e-mail address for submissions ?
Is there also a preferred format for the subject of the e-mail ?

Thanks,
giovanni.