A070962

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sun Jan 29 08:03:01 CET 2006

I  have just sent in a correction to this sequence; the old name
claimed it was the number of k<=n with omega(k)=omega(n); actually it
is the number that are not equal.

The entry contains the claim, if I'm reading it correctly, that lim
inf_{n->inf} a(n)/n = 0.59....  This seems extraordinarily unlikely to
me, since omega(n) has average order log(log(n)) as n->infinitiy.  Can
anyone determine the source for this claim?  Verify or disprove it?
Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com