Basic questions?

Mitch Harris Harris.Mitchell at mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 17 16:35:37 CET 2006

From: Ralf Stephan
Sent: Mon 01/16/06 03:34 AM

>> A108150       C(n+1,1)*C(n+3,1)
>
>This is not an interesting sequence.

Sure, it's no Fibonacci sequence, but given there are sequences in the
OEIS like A000027(n) = n, or A000012(n) = 1, or even A000007(n) =
[n==0], it's not totally uninteresting.

Anyway, the mentioned sequence is a duplicate of A005563.

>- if we can be sure both sequences have a rational g.f., it suffices
>  to compare about twice as much members as the degree of the g.f.
denominator.
>  I think one can prove that. (It also applies to your example)

how about exactly as many members as the degree? the degree of the
denominator is the degree of the corresponding recurrence, which only
requires degree # of base cases.

Mitch