Problem

Roberto Tauraso tauraso at mat.uniroma2.it
Mon Jan 23 09:56:11 CET 2006

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Richard Guy wrote:

> The square bracelet conjecture is answered
> in a preprint of Berlekamp & Guy.  We should
> make this more available.

Really! I'm very happy of that. Is it possible to receive
an electronic copy of this work?
In these days I searched in the web but I did not find it.
Just yesterday I submitted the sequence A115418
about the minimum lenght of k-th-power loop (or bracelet).
The sequence is not very long (it starts with index 1):
2, 32, 473, 9641
32 is well known and 473 was found also by Resta in
http://www.primepuzzles.net/puzzles/puzz_311.htm
It would be nice to extend it but for k=5. The first number
such that all the numbers have degree at least 2 is 246877
and to find the cycle for such a huge graph is not easy
(at least for me).
I wonder if the Berlekamp & Guy result can be extended also
for cube loops: do cube loops exist from 473 on?

Bye,
Roberto Tauraso