New lookup screen

Russ Cox rsc at swtch.com
Mon Jan 23 17:37:07 CET 2006

> Can we get a clear button to blank the look-up window?  Now the next
> look-up
> you have to back
> out or highlight and delete out the prior entry in p4 windows xp.

I don't know of a way to do this without JavaScript.
I could take the old search out of the box in the results page,
but I like having it there to edit to produce the next search.
I often start with one search and then refine it.

> Also suggest we get the look-up field to accept multiple sequence
> number
> entries for example
> id:A112798 A063376
>
> to bring up both sequences or several sequences.
>
> I read the hints twice.  Please forgive me if I missed it there.

It's not there.  The search is a logical AND of the search terms.
That's a pretty basic assumption built into the search mechanisms,
sorry.  What would you use this for?  Why not just load two pages?

One could imagine using this for making pages listing, say, groups
of related sequences, but you could just as easily write down the
search terms for why they're related and use that.

Russ