Problem

Roberto Tauraso tauraso at mat.uniroma2.it
Tue Jan 24 10:03:01 CET 2006

>Did the square loop of order 32 ever appear in any earlier publication of
the
>mathematical literature? Are there any published examples of cube loops
of
>length 473 earlier than Robert Israel's Usenet post?

I really don't know but thank you for your references. I will add them
in the next days to A115418 (maybe in the meanwhile some other
reference will come out).

If anybody is interested here are the minimal loops that I found:
http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~tauraso/Loops/2-loop32.txt
http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~tauraso/Loops/3-loop473.txt
http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~tauraso/Loops/4-loop9641.txt
It is interesting to note that the minimal squareloop is unique.
On the other hand the minimal cubeloop is not unique.

Bye,
Roberto Tauraso