primes in arithmetic progressions

Joshua Zucker joshua.zucker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 21:53:12 CET 2006

It looks to me like
  http://hjem.get2net.dk/jka/math/aprecords.htm#minimalend
gives the next two terms of several of the sequences.  But it says
"smallest known" -- implying that for those next two, the minimal is
not yet proven to be really the smallest.

I think it's a very tough problem to come up with more terms!

If someone can find ANY terms for n > 23, that'd be impressive enough,
and then proving that it's minimal is a whole 'nother problem.

For those two, where we have those "smallest known" to work from, if
someone wants to write a distributed engine to share the work of
checking that they're really minimal, I'm happy to run part of it on a
few OS X machines around my work and home.  Given that the last terms
of the arithmetic progressions known have 15 or 16 digits, though,
that's a lot of primes to check!

--Joshua Zucker