Is there a way to find a sequence that starts with a given number?

Max A. maxale at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 01:39:17 CEST 2006

On 7/28/06, Tanya Khovanova <tanyakh at tanyakhovanova.com> wrote:
> For example, I would like to check that
>
> 1549 is the smallest odd number that is not the sum of a prime and a power.

What is about the number 1? It is not the sum of a prime and a power either.
And the numbers 3 and 5 are such sums only if 0 is counted as a power.

> Can I find all the sequences that start with 1549?

I believe searching "1549 -_,1549" (without quotes) will do the trick.

> Is there a sequence of odd numbers that are not the sum of a prime and a power?

It seems to be missing in OEIS. The next term is  1771561 = 11^6.
So the sequence starts with
1, 1549, 1771561

Max