Global maximum of ?(x)-x

Gerald McGarvey Gerald.McGarvey at comcast.net
Tue Jun 13 05:02:26 CEST 2006

Another question is: Where does []x - x have a global maximum?,
where []x is the Conway box function (the inverse of Minkowski's
question mark function). Some info on []x is at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minkowski_question_mark_function
(which answers my question about ?(1-x)+?(x)). I'm working on PARI
code for []x.

- Gerry