A109461(n) = A000616(n-1) for n>1 ?

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Wed Jun 21 21:25:35 CEST 2006

Please disregard my earlier message.  Now that I see the definition of
canalizing (it's in A102449 - thanks to Mitch Harris for pointing it
out), I can see that there is no problem.

And the answer to Max's question is yes, they are the same.  If there
is more than one canalizing variable, they must all force the function
value to the same thing.  Using the NPN equivalence, we can force the
value forced to to be false, the canalizing value of the variable to be
false; we can also move one of them to the first position.  The
function is then these variables anded with each other and with an
arbitrary function of the other variables up to NP equivalence - we
can't negate the final value again from the NPN equivalence because
that would change the canalizing normalization we performed.  This is
equivalent to the function being the first variable anded with a
function of the remaining variables up to NP equivalence; hence
A000616(n-1).

Franklin T. Adams-Watters