Lozanić's triangle (A034851): Is there easier definition?

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 00:15:26 CET 2006

The definition of most positions in Lozanić's triangle are understoodby most people (even politicians who think pi is 3), but the "red"entries require subtracting C(n/2-1,(k-1)/2). This triangle "deservesto be better known" (Neil Sloane, in "Classic Sequences") but the lackof a simple definition for the "red" entries stands in the way of thishappening. I've been looking for ways to calculate those entries basedon previous rows of the triangle but I've come up empty every time.Anyone have any ideas?
Alonso