request for advice

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sat Mar 11 06:49:07 CET 2006

Dear seqfans and editors:

There is a contributor to the OEIS who in the past has sent in some interesting
sequences, but most of his submissions are to my mind not very interesting.

Two or three weeks ago, finding that I was spending all my time
processing his sequences, which were flooding the OEIS,
(there were a huge number of them)
I asked him never to send in further sequences.

I felt that he was trying to make the OEIS look ridiculous.

He has now resumed submissions.  His latest submissions are
of the form:

Numbers n such that n and 2n+1 belong to AXXXXXX.

Of course there is the potential here for 100,000 new
sequences.

Then we can have

Numbers n such that n and 2n-1 belong to AXXXXXX.,

another 100,000, and then

Numbers n such that n and n^2+1 belong to AXXXXXX.,

another 100,000, and so on.

My question is, would you please tell me what I should do?

I will keep track of the number of replies that I get that say,
this is just fine, accept them all
and those that say
enough already, pipe his submissions to /dev/null

Thanks

NJAS