PS: request for advice

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 14 21:40:34 CET 2006

I wrote:
>I have an idea of how to have the rating of sequences will less work in
>the end for OEIS staff.
>(And with the sequences rated, one could exclude from a search all
>sequences, on a scale of 1 to 5, say, all sequences with ratings 1 or 2.
>I suggest that there be an option for including as-yet-unrated sequences
>in a search too, if the searcher so desires.)
>
>Give all trusted users/submitters of the OEIS, probably those that make
>up seq.fan, each a different password, or let the passworded people make
>up their own passwords.
>
>Then, after logging on with our password to the feedback page, we could
>then rate any particular sequence.
>
>And here is an important point: If a trusted rater becomes untrusted (ie.
>submits spam sequences, gets disgruntled, abuses her/his rating
>privileges, etc), then her/his password could at that time cease to work.
>
>Now this plan would take some effort to set up, but the actual rating
>could be done by the seq.fan masses, hopefully thereafter reducing
>workload.
>
>Just throwin' out an idea,
>thanks,
>Leroy Quet

And I don't know if it would be a good idea to let us rate our own
sequences.
Perhaps that is a good idea.
But in any case, and especially if we are allowed to rate our own
sequences, maybe we should all only be allowed one vote per sequence.

Also it occurs to me that there could be people (including those on
probation) whose vote is not totally blocked, but their vote only counts
for half (or some fraction) as much as most raters' votes.

thanks,
Leroy Quet