Polyomino question

Dr. Gordon Hamilton hamiltonian at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 2 21:25:19 CET 2006

Jon,

Corerect, starting with the trominoes you get:

The 2 trominos:
OO

OOO

The 2 tetrominos that hold them:
OO

OO

The 4 pentominos that hold these:
OO
OO

OO
   OO

OOO

OO

The 5 heptominos that hold these:

OOO
OO

OO
OOO

OOO
   OO

OOO
   OO

   OO
OOO

Some of these type of sequences end with repetition because there is a
single n-omino which holds the previous set. Does the sequence above end in
repetition? What about a sequence beginning with all the k-ominos?

Do tell me more about the yahoo polyomino group... a google search brought
up a motley mix of hits. Who would I approach?

Gord!