PS: request for advice

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 14 22:35:32 CET 2006

Max wrote:
>On 3/14/06, Leroy Quet <qq-quet at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> And I don't know if it would be a good idea to let us rate our own
>> sequences.
>> Perhaps that is a good idea.
>> But in any case, and especially if we are allowed to rate our own
>> sequences, maybe we should all only be allowed one vote per sequence.
>
>Why not simply count the number of hits for each particular sequence
>as well as the number of times it appear in the search results. These
>two numbers should characterize popularity and importance of each
>sequence.
>
>Max

It certainly would be easier to do things your way than my way.
But the problem is that I doubt there is much connection between
popularity and quality.
(As an example, look at the songs in the top 40.)
Second, I can envision sequence spammers rigging their computers to click
on their own sequences over and over and over and over and...
:/

thanks,
Leroy Quet