NEW SEQ?

Creighton Dement crowdog at crowdog.de
Sat Mar 18 13:26:27 CET 2006

> Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:04:09 +0100
> Subject: Re: NEW SEQ?
> From: "Paul D. Hanna" <pauldhanna at juno.com>
> To: seqfan at ext.jussieu.fr

> Zak (and Seqfans),
> Correction: your sequence is not a table as I thought at first; so ...
> A052937 seems to describe the number of terms in each generation, and
> A024537 seems to describe the sum of the terms in each generation.
>
> And, apart from initial terms, it appears to be already in the OEIS
> as: A104521  Fixed point of the morphism 0->{1}, 1->{1,0,1}.
>
> but I am not sure of these guesses without further checking.
> Paul

Hello,

I've listed some sequences in context (at least in reference to
floretions) under:
http://www.crowdog.de/Zone.html

In particular, we find Antti Karttunen's nice sequence
A033539 :  Number of times certain simple recursive programs call
themselves.

A024537 is then found in the same batch (see "em[J*]" down the page).

There are also a few unlisted sequences. Unfortunately, I see that the
first term of several sequences are "wrong" - they can probably just be
ignored. I'm almost positive that the wrong intitial terms are due to my
program code (for example,  a cyclic transform i -> j , j->k , k-> i
which is used may come "one step too early" in the code. In principle,
it is not necessary to use a cyclic transform as the recurrence relation
is not greater than order 4 ;  I just used it in order to find the
sequences involved as quickly as possible).  Hope this helps a bit.

Sincerely,
Creighton

It's a shame when the girl of your dreams would still rather be with
someone else when you're actually in a dream.