"Musical seqs"

Creighton Dement crowdog at crowdog.de
Tue May 2 17:30:15 CEST 2006

Dear Seqfans,

Four related "musical" sequences (each with 30000 terms listed) can be
found here http://www.crowdog.de/Ausschnitt.html

I began writing a summary of how to construct them under:
http://www.crowdog.de/Construct.pdf   However, there are still mistakes
which need to be corrected. For ex. I get
+ 2.5'i - 1.5i' + 1.5'ii' + 1.5'jj' + 1.5'kk' - 'jk' + 'kj' + .5e at the
end of the first iteration when I work it out by hand but my program
gets
+ 2.5'i - 1.5i' - .5'ii' + .5'jj' + .5'kk' - 'jk' + 'kj' + 2.5e  Thus,
my description has  overlooked at least one step. Hopefully this is just
a small detail which can be corrected quickly.

In the mean time, perhaps some Seqfans would like to report any
"symmetries" they may have found on their own to me. A few questions off
the top of my head: do there appear to be particular rules concerning
parity? Does (a(n) / n) appear to converge to a nonzero number? Can
predictions be made as to when a sequence, for ex. plotted against the
natural numbers,  will go from resembling a  "straight line segment" to
a "bump" or otherwise change its course?.

I would like to include any of these observations in the descriptions of
the sequences.   Note that ves = jes + les + tes

Example settings for the music are :
http://musicalgorithms.ewu.edu/algorithms/import.html

- Commas are used for placeholders
 - Pitch Scaling 11 to 66
-  Duration Scaling 0 to 3

recommendation: do not mouse in more than a few thousand terms at once.

As soon as I get the various descriptions fixed, these sequences will be
submitted to OEIS.

Sincerely,
Creighton

It's a shame when the girl of your dreams would still rather be with
someone else when you're actually in a dream.-