OEIS is running again

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Tue May 23 17:41:51 CEST 2006

let me know if there are problems

we are still fine-tuning the "graph" button

but try it on a random sequence, the plots look great!

some of the plots of "core" sequences, like A000005 and A000010, are prsently
not working but that should be fixed soon

try A090278 as an example

the graphs (set up by my colleague Debby Swayne) are "pin plots"
(aka bar graphs).  This seems to be the most appropriate format for
sequences of numbers

as A090278 shows, if we tried joining successive points,
we would end up with a lot of almost-vertical lines which would not look
very nice

when there is a "b*.txt" file available giving more terms
than are available in the %S etc lines,
the plotter uses that file by default.

try the Fib. nums. A000045 to see that plot!!

Thanks to Debby Swayne and Russ Cox for their help with this.

Neil