Minimal number of different distances

Dan Dima dimad72 at gmail.com
Sat May 6 07:36:10 CEST 2006

Frank can you share both your distributions for a(19) <= 8 & a(12) <= 5
(maybe some graphics will help). I can't figure either if there is a smaller
n such that a(n) < floor(n/2).
At the first sight it seems to me that hexagonal grids with n points are not
better than the regular n-gon.
As I have seen on http://schoolar.google.com Erdos conjectured that a(n) =
floor(n/2).
Sorry for using non-standard notations, I will follow the rules next time.

Regards,
Dan